воскресенье, 19 октября 2008 г.

claiming insurance




Practise Makes Perfect

13th Sep 08: Practice makes Perfect

I realized I have to explain how the structure of the October Sports School is like. The Vovinam classes have been going on for around 2 years in the October Sport School. The school is actually a training ground for a variety of sports that includes at least 7 or 8 kinds of martial arts, most of them East Asian and another traditional Vietnamese martial arts too apart from Vovinam. Aside from martial arts, there are gymnastics and a lot of different dancing classes conducted too for people of different ages. Basically you name it, they have it type of school with a swimming pool thrown in too.

From what I asked from Thay Thu, Vovinam started to be popular in Vietnam because of Thay Long who came back from Russia after working 7 years for the Ministry of Foreign affairs. Back in Russia, he was responsible for developing Vovinam and in fact was the vice head of the Vovinam Russian Federation. After being posted back to Hanoi, Thay Long diverted all his efforts into developing Vovinam at itrsquo;s birthplace: Hanoi. Prior to that, there were few people learning Vovinam and classes were conducted in the houses of the different masters. After managing to secure the October Sports School as a training venue, regular classes have been conducted and a few early disciples have already had enough training to qualify as yellow belters teaching assistants. Slowly, from the teaching base from October school, more clubs were set up and different yellow belters were entrusted with the task to expand the club in Hanoi. So this explains why people who knew about Vovinam have told about how it had only begun to be popularized in the past 2 years. Currently, Thay Long (red belter master) is in charge of the organizational and administrative affairs of the Vovinam club in Hanoi and is the Vice President of the Hanoi Vovinam Federation and another red belter master Thay Binh is also one of the highest ranking master in Hanoi. He appeared more frequently in his vo phuc (uniform) and trained or coached than Thay Long. The third in command appeared to be the highest ranking yellow belter, Thay Viet who worked in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and speak good English. I think his role is sort of like a secretary of the Hanoi branch, and he was also the one who gave me my first Vovinam instruction. However, I am not too sure about Thay Viet but were just some of my observations.

Training today was only with 4 yellow belters, no red belters masters were around. We were asked to practice basic kicks in lines. Thay Trung singled me and Pierre out from all the other students as we go through our routines, patiently guiding the 2 of us and correcting what we have done wrong. Everyone appeared too be extra excited today, especially the younger students as there were mentions of mid autumn festival celebration tomorrow and they were asking each other of their plans. Mid Autumn Festival is a festival for kids and teenagers in Vietnam, more like a children day and so it is no wonder that everyone is looking forward to it.

Training moved on to the basic drilling of our light blue belter syllabus, but I was transferred with 6 more newcomers to be taught by Thay Minh in a group of 9, a revision of the four basic attack combinations. Thay Minh was actually practicing his own practices when he was asked to take us for class. He was nice to stop his own practice for us. During the break, Thay Minh came over to coach me and Pierre specifically. Really am thankful for the extra attention they give us. Thay Minh guided Pierre along as the moves were new to him and he needed more practices. As for me, I have gone through them before but am not too sure of the application of the different attacks. Thay Minh was very nice to let me practice on him.

Thay Tao helped out with the other newcomers and was patient to urge the new comers to try out again and again the new blocks. We were then given a rest.

I was reviewing the 4 basic combinations when I did one of the steps wrongly. The class that was resting beside was watching intently as I redid my steps again while others in my class were sitting around. They seemed to be discussing about me, smiling at me, I think they appreciate the effort I put in. When I got the number 3 combination wrong, one of them from another class immediately came up to me and showed me the right way to do it. There is really genuine concern for each other to practice well in the club.

The class ended together with no speech given as the red belters masters werersquo;nt around.

After class Thay Trung handed Thuy some cat apples that he had from somewhere, and it was passed around. There was no specific mention to give it to me so I didnrsquo;t take one. However, Pierre tried one, and apparently Thay Minh commented that it was a sour fruit.

This was the first time that we didnrsquo;t change out of our uniforms but went home straight. Most of the yellow belters as usual were having some drinks at the stall outside and they asked Thuy to join in, I was behind their bike so naturally I am asked too, though they didnrsquo;t ask me to. Thuy said she was busy, but helped me to invite all of them to my mid autumn party. They seemed interested and happy to be invited but I am not too sure who will come. Thay Trung aked for a number to contact, and Thuy replied that Thay Minh had her number already. I realized how inconvenient it can be without a phone but I guessed I just have to live with it.

We were on the road when we met 2 other guys, Hung and Hoang cycling. Recognized each other from our vo phuc (uniforms) Asked them to join in for our celebrations if they are free too, and one of them, Hoang was familiar to me as we talked before and he turned out to be from University of Bach Khoa (same school as Thuy and the same area where I am staying in). Haha, actually I like wearing my vo phuc back, it is a form of publicity and people tend to look at us or discuss about us. I heard a mother at the traffic lights asking her son if he likes our uniform and if he wanted to practice some martial arts, but I didnrsquo;t manage to hear the reply of the little kid. And tonight, I saw my first ever sky lanterns I thought they were moons at first, so bright and so pretty



city in kansas planner wedding, claiming insurance.



Комментариев нет: